KRKA Novo Mesto launched a stirring comeback late in the fourth quarter and beat Lokomotiv Kuban to win the EuroChallenge in Ostend, Belgium, on Sunday.
Trailing by eight with 4:14 remaining, the Slovenian club reeled off 16 unanswered points and ended up winning 83-77.
Christopher Booker, who ignited the run with a three-ball, finished with a team-high 20 points while Goran Ikonic was named MVP of the EuroChallenge Final Four.
Ikonic had scored 24 of his 26 points in the fourth quarter to lead KRKA to a come-from-behind triumph over hosts BC Telenet Oostende on Friday and he had 12 points, five assists and three rebounds against Lokomotiv.
KRKA led for much of the contest against Lokomotiv on Sunday but faced their biggest deficit after Alexey Surovtsev hit a shot from the arc to give the Russian side a 75-67 lead with 4:14 to play.
Booker, who had been his team’s star performer in the game, went immediately to the other end and hit a three-ball.
After Jeremiah Massey took a quick attempt from behind the three-point line and missed, KRKA hit them with a counter-attack that saw a closely-guarded Ikonic pass up a three and instead drive in for a lay-up.
Even when KRKA missed shots, they fought like lions to get the ball back in the game-winning run.
Read rest of Article HERE.
- Marko Jaric Signs with Siena
- Davon Jefferson-Russian PBL MVP
- Chalons-Reims extends deal with Bryan Mullins
- Goran Dragic Returns to Phoenix
- Eduardo Martinez – Forward
- Darko Planinic claims Adriatic League weekly honour
- Nedzad Sinanovic extends with Valladolid
- Fernandez Not Burdened By Legacy
- Doellman, scorer of 2012
- Q&A With Goran Dragic
- Ognjen Kuzmic
- Paul Davis named All-Eurocup 2nd Team
- Tibor Pleiss wins “best German young growth player” Award
- Justin Doellman signs for Manresa (ACB)
- Danny Green adapting to European style of basketball
- Alando Tucker signs with Gran Canaria
- South Korean KBL round 29 best performance: Charles Rhodes
- Justin Doellman – ACB Player of the Week
- Justin Doellman-Liga Endesa MVP of the month of January
- Nikola Vucevic Named to the 2013 BBVA Rising Stars Challenge